Skip to content

Insuring a property occupied by tenants

Naturally you'll be hoping that your property is occupied by tenants for as much of your absence as possible - after all, it's bringing in money for you. The downside, of course, is that while other people are in your home there's no telling how much damage they may be causing, as we found to our cost.

Luckily our agent had recommended that we should take out Homelet's Landlord's insurance policy at the start of the tenancy. We highly recommend that you do the same. There are several other companies who offer this service, so you may want to shop around.

Homelet paid out without any fuss on the strength of the letting agent's inventory and some photos we took. We have no hesitation in giving them our personal recommendation.

British Expat - news, fun and info for Brits everywhere!